Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#10 of 2011

#10 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Boo Shuffle" by The Pipettes! Oh how I love The Pipettes! They had my #1 song of 2006 with "Pull Shapes" while "Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me" came in at #7 that same year. Also that year, "Dirty Mind" came in at #12 and "Judy" came in at #18.



In 2007, the released a video for "Because It's Not Love (But It's Still A Feeling)" while on tour in the US. The song came in at #11 on my 2007 countdown. I saw them in concert in San Francisco that year and I met them after the show and got their autographs. Sadly, no photos. 


In 2010, The Pipettes came in at #3 with "Call Me" and in at #10 with "Stop The Music." I do wish "Thank You" had been the last single from their second album, as it was divine.


I don't always like The Pipettes' single covers as it doesn't feature pictures of them. You can see the original cover here. Here is the cover I made with a photo someone took at the filming of the video.



I actually saw The Pipettes in concert this year in San Francisco. They were AMAZING! And of course, I knew most of the dance moves to their songs! Yes, really! After the show we got to meet them and they were so very nice and sweet.

Davearama meets The Pipettes: Gwenno, Dave, and Ani.


They actually played "Boo Shuffle" in concert. It was the only song I didn't know. Their first album was very 60s wall of sound. Their second album was like 70s disco with a hint of funk. The latest single sounds like it could have been on their first album. So I'm not sure which musical direction they are going, but it doesn't matter, they are FAB!

For the video, a group of dancers called The Actionettes help out. The daughter of late producer Martin Rushent named Amy, can be seen dancing between Ani and Gwenno and sitting next to them at the piano. Martin produced The Pipettes second album, as well as this single.



You can purchase The Pipettes music on iTunes.

See the rest of the countdown here ...

11. "We Are The Drums" by Le Kid


12. "Big" by Sneaky Sound System




13. "Beat Of My Drum" by Nicola Roberts


14. "Bullets" by Rebecca & Fiona



15. "Notorious" by The Saturdays




16. "Think About It" by Melanie C




18. "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn


19. "Party In My Head" by September



20. "Jane Doe" by Rebecca & Fiona


 Bonus: #21 "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor



See our Top Songs of 2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment