Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#13 of 2011

#13 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Beat Of My Drum" by Nicola Roberts. I saw that Chartrigger put this song on their worst songs of the year list. Oh well. Honestly, when I first 
saw the video, I thought … "How horrible." However, I found myself singing it the rest of the day. It became an earworm! I had to listen to it over and over.




So who is Nicola Roberts? Well, she was a member of the British girl group called Girls Aloud, which is currently on an extended break. This was her debut solo single. It's funny how bad I thought it was, and now I love it. However, I don't love her outfit in the video. 
Those hot pants are hideous! It looks like she is wearing a diaper! And that shirt and jacket! Someone lied to her when she put it all together and said, "How do I look?"




The song is fun and quirky. And I love that in a pop song!

Nicola Roberts music is not available on US iTunes. 
However, you can find it on mp3va.com with a prepaid account.

See the rest of the countdown here ...


14. "Bullets" by Rebecca & Fiona



15. "Notorious" by The Saturdays




16. "Think About It" by Melanie C




18. "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn


19. "Party In My Head" by September



20. "Jane Doe" by Rebecca & Fiona


 Bonus: #21 "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor



See our Top Songs of 2010 


No comments:

Post a Comment