Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jespen

Oh my goodness, I've done it. I've gone and fell for a "Radio Disney" track! Well, I'm not 100% sure if it is "Radio Disney" as I don't listen to that! But I think it is. Yes folks, I love "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.



A friend sent me the video, and I almost turned it off during the first verse. But then I thought, no I'll wait and hear the chorus. Wait ... What is this I heard? Strings? Glorious strings! (Or at least synths disguised as strings!) Was this an Alcazar track that disregarded?

I had to listen again and again. Sadly, it's not a disregarded Alcazar song, but the strings do remind me of their hit "Headlines."

So ... I bought the song on iTunes. I feel like such a teeny-bopper! Am I ashamed of liking a fun pop bubblegum song? Heck, no! Bring it on!

I'm not sure if I will like anything else from Carly's repertoire ... but this is sugary sweet and I love it.

The video is cute enough. I don't like the guitarist look on his face at the end. But oh well.

Enjoy!~



P.S. Apparently there is a popular video with Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and many others singing to it. Oi vey!~

No comments:

Post a Comment