Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mutya Keisha Siobhan

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Last year the Sugababes had an amazing single out called "Freedom." While the song was fab, the promotion was a mess. You can read about what happened to it in my blog entry from last December as "Freedom" was my #7 song of 2011.

However, in profiling "Freedom" last summer. I did a brief history of the lineup changes the Sugababes have had. You might want to read that here before reading any further.

Well, the original members of the Sugababes have reunited. 


Keisha, Siobhan & Mutya — Original Sugababes: 1998-2001

However, they don't have the rights to use the name Sugababes because Siobhan and Mutya quit the group and Keisha was forced out in 2009. That leaves the name of Sugababes with Heidi and Amelle. And they have since added Jade to the group. The current Sugababes are on hiatus as Amelle prepares for her solo album this fall. Expect the current Sugababes to return in 2013.

Until then, the original members are back together and they are calling themselves by their first names: Mutya Keisha Siobhan.

Mutya, Keisha & Siobhan in 2012

A lot of fans are very excited for this reunion. I must admit, I am curious to hear them. Since Siobhan was only on the first album, and I crazy about first album (I liked all of the singles, especially "Soul Sound." However, the album remains my least favourite album by the group), I'm not sure what to expect from the three of them back together. I liked some of Siobhan's solo singles, especially 2007's "Don't Give It Up."

As for Mutya, I like her voice. I didn't really care for her solo album. I liked a few of her songs, the favourite of mine being her collaboration with Groove Armada in 2007 with "Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)." 

As for Keisha, I always liked her and I was very sad to see her leave the group. I am interested in the new material from Mutya Keisha Siobhan. 

Check out their website ...


No comments:

Post a Comment