Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Two-year anniversary of Poptastic Confessions

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Two years ago today, I posted my first blog entry! So it is our two-year anniversary! Hooray!



My first post was about Annikafiore's fantastic "Preaching to the Choir" EP. And at the end of the year, the SoundFactory remix of her song "Don't Wanna C U 2nite" was my #1 favourite song of 2011.




The blog wasn't always called Poptastic Confessions. It was originally called Davearama's Guide to Poptastic Music. However, I wanted to give the blog a name that didn't actually focus on me, so in March of 2012, I changed the name. I chose the name because sometimes admitting that you like glorious pop music can be sort of a confession. It didn't hurt that Bananarama's third album was called "True Confessions."



It's been a lot of fun the past two years. I think my favourite posts have been the interviews I've done for the blog: Annikafiore, Ani of The Pipettes, Gwenno, Felix of Le Kid, and Lisa formerly of the Real McCoy. Before the blog was around, I had interviewed Keren and Sara of Bananarama, and Jacquie formerly of Bananarama for the Pop Life fanzine.



I hope to bring you more poptastic interviews in the future. If you are new to Poptastic Confessions, I hope you look around and explore some of the music featured over the past two years. And as always, please support the artists!

I appreciate those of you who have commented or shared links with friends on Twitter and Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, Poptastic Confessions has a Facebook page. Please like and share it. I even have a Twitter account if you are so interested.

Thanks for stopping by! An extra special thanks for sharing the blog with others!

Cheers then,
—Davearama


Ooh La La!

No comments:

Post a Comment