Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Despenser St video by Gwenno

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Hooray! There is a music video for "Despenser St" by Gwenno! The track is one of my favourites from her "Ymbelydredd" EP last summer. Click on the title of the EP to read my review of it. All of the songs are great, and it is available on iTunes and other online outlets so there is no reason for you not to have it. Plus, the title track was #3 in my favourite songs of 2012!


The artwork for "Ymbelydredd."

As you might remember, I interviewed Gwenno last year for Poptastic Confessions. Click on the link to read the full interview, but here is what Gwenno had to say about the song ...

That song in particular is quite funny I think! Even though it’s all true, what happened is quite traumatic (from collapsing ceilings to attempted murders by a drunk) but comical somehow because we survived and it was just a ridiculous situation. I don’t know, I think I just wanted to make light of quite a bad time and turn it into something positive. We can all laugh about it now, and I think that’s what’s important. 


This is the cover I made for my iTunes artwork.

Now please remember, the song is sung in Welsh. If you would like to read the lyrics in Welsh as well as the English translation, please check out Gwenno's blog.

The video was made for a TV show called Ochr 1. It's just Gwenno and her keyboard, her iPhone, a microphone and a string of lights. And it works! Here is the video ...


"Despenser St" and the "Ymbelydredd" EP are available on iTunes. Please support the artist.

As you might remember, Gwenno was part of The Pipettes! Her sister Ani was also in The Pipettes. Ani is currently fronting a new band called The Lovely Wars and they have a great EP and single out this summer called "Young Love." Click on the link to read my review.

Cheers then,
—Davearama

P.S. I've also just learned that Gwenno is featured on a new song by group The Boy Least Likely To. Stay tuned for another post!

P.S.S. Gwenno's blog is ...

http://gwennogwennogwenno.tumblr.com/

Like her official Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment