Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Monday, October 13, 2014

Party People Video

Dear Poptastic Party People Readers,

Back in 2009, Annikafiore was part of a dance-pop duo called Avatar versus Eve (A.v.E.). Their first single was the wonderful song "Party People." Sadly, the song never had a video. There was only a short clip of a live performance on YouTube.


Well, five years after the release of the song … a video has been made! But not by Annikafiore. Instead, I thought how fun it would be to make a video for the song. So I enlisted our friend Matt and my husband Arturo to help me make the video. Matt and I would go out on the town of San Francisco in drag characters Madison and Sausi, and Arturo would film us.

We didn't really have a big plan. We just sort of made it up as we went along. And it didn't help any that it was a very hot day in August! And we laughed all night long!

Sausi O'Sullivan and Madison

Since I finished editing the video, we have laughed and laughed even more over it. Especially since my big wig (two wigs actually) kept sliding off! I sent to Annikafiore yesterday and she loved it and gave her blessing for it to be on YouTube.

So, without anymore delay, here is the video for "Party People."


My goal was for the video to be a prequel to "I've Still Got The Highest Heels In The Room." I'm not sure we succeeded, but it sure was a lot of fun!

"Party People" is available on cdbaby.com and it has a wonderful remix package, including a mix from SoundFactory! Don't delay, go buy it today!

Cheers then,
—Davearama


P.S. To find out more about Annikafiore and A.v.E., read the interview I did with Annikafiore here, and read about the history of Alcazar and Annikafiore here.

3 comments:

  1. I admire how you manifest your inspirations into creative reality. Well done!

    I especially enjoyed the dramatic hand gestures and your breaking it down in the rap sections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!! LOVE IT!!! You guys look like you were having so much fun, I am smiling from ear to ear right now. :)) Btw-My husband's name is Art and his Mom calls him 'Arturo' sometimes. :) -Don Mendenhall (from Instagram)

    ReplyDelete