Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Monday, November 3, 2014

A music video for Gwenno

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Thank you for your support of the "Party People" video! It was a lot of fun to do. I wish it were better, but at the same time, it's not bad for my first music video! 

I sent to the video to The Queen of Welsh Dream Pop, aka Gwenno, and told her I knew two drag queens who might be available for a video for her latest single "Fratolish Hiang Perpeshki." She loved the idea.

Gwenno, The Queen of Welsh Dream Pop

Well, I didn't know when we would be dressing up again. I usually only do drag for Halloween. I remembered that I had some footage that wasn't used for the "Party People" video because it was too dark. "Fratolish Hiang Perpeshki" has a dark feel to it. So out of curiosity, I thought I would see if I could use the unused footage for the video for Gwenno.

To my surprise, it worked! The bad part was that none of the lip synching lined up. So I decided to take an artistic approach to it. The storyline would start off with the character of Sausi O'Sullivan alone drinking with her glitter heels and remembering her night out on the town with Madison. And then the footage would show Sausi and Madison dancing and having fun. But the video ends with Sausi alone, with her glitter heels.

So without delay … Here is the video I made for "Fratolish Hiang Perpeshki" by Gwenno.

Gwenno said she loved it and gave me her blessing to put it on YouTube. 

Hopefully, you will fall in love with the song and head over to iTunes and buy it today!



Cheers then,
—Davearama

No comments:

Post a Comment