Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pressure Off by Duran Duran

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Over the weekend, Poptastic Confessions quietly turned four years old! HOORAY! Thank you to everyone who has visited (and bookmarked) the home page, liked our Facebook page, shared our links and legally downloaded the music featured.


It gives me great pleasure to let you know that today's post is a brand new song from Duran Duran. The song is called "Pressure Off" and it is from their forthcoming album called Paper Gods. Now, you might remember that I wrote about the history of Duran Duran back in January of 2013 when I read John Taylor's autobiography.

Duran Duran are Roger, John, Nick and Simon.

The new song "Pressure Off" features Janelle Monae with a middle-section vocals. Overall, the funky song isn't far off from their Notorious days because of Nile Rodgers. It is also not far the last album All You Need Is Now. The chorus is quite good. And Duranies will no doubt love the song. The artwork is nod to previous Duran Duran outings ...


Ugly single cover, eh?

I have one slight complaint about the music, and that is the intro to the song. There are some vocal distortions that kinda turn me off. Perhaps there is a nod to the "The Reflex", but it ends up similar to the song "All You Need Is Now", which had one of the worst intros ever (in my opinion). Perhaps the intro will grow on me. It is quite possible. I just think it would have been better without the vocal distortions. Perhaps a radio edit will be different.

The first few times I listened to the track, I only noticed the crowd sound at the end. However, it is also near the beginning of the song. While I think it is a bit silly to end your new song with crowd applause. It is reminiscent of their live album Arena. But will the general audience know that? Unsure. Have a listen ...


I was such a huge Duran Duran fan back in the 80s and 90s. I collected their records and CDs and I still proudly have them. I like the new Duran Duran song. It's nice to have them back. And I'm looking forward to the new album.

I'm not exactly sure when the single will be released on iTunes. Apparently you can buy it on Google Play. Hopefully they will film a video, too.

Cheers then,
—Davearama

1 comment:

  1. It's not the intro that gets me so much, it's the "oh-oh-oh's". They just seem out of place to me. Still, I'd like to think they'll do a radio edit that comes in closer to 3:45 or so.

    ReplyDelete