Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Queen by Tracey Thorn

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Tracey Thorn from Everything But The Girl (EBTG) has a new solo song out and it is called "Queen." We asked our friend John Dean-Morton to review the track for Poptastic Confessions. Here is what he had to say ...




January 17 was the best day so far of my 2018. I woke up and saw on Facebook that I had a late Christmas/very early birthday present. A new song named "Queen" by one of my very favourite singers, Tracey Thorn.




"Who?" asked by husband Michael. "Tracy Thorn from Everything But The Girl! You know ... (I start to sing) 'And I miss you ... like the deserts miss the rain' THAT Tracey Thorn!" I explained as I ran to my computer to download the track. 

I purchased the track and waited impatiently for the 35-endless seconds it took to download. As I listened to the song, I knew immediately knew this song would be on repeat for my drive to work. 


Adult Disco Tracey is back. The first sounds reminded me of Prince's song "Dirty Mind." I started smiling and then her silky voice started. Her soulful yearning of something about "Here I go again ... down that road again." I was grooving in my desk chair. The chorus hit and suddenly the living room was transformed into my very own private disco. I was dancing around in my socks!




Tracy has given us 4 minutes and 17 seconds to forget about the NOW and wonder what if "am I Queen ... or something else? I might have been a star."




I'm still hoping for another EBTG album, but this song made stop hoping for awhile. Now please excuse me while I ask Alexa to play it again.

"Queen" is available on digital outlets everywhere. We've added "Queen" to our 2018 Poptastic Confessions Playlist on Spotify. Enjoy!~




Cheers then,

—John Dean-Morton and Davearama

P.S. For the latest information on Tracey Thorn, please like her Facebook page. You can also follow her on Twitter. Don't forget to like Poptastic Confessions Facebook page.


Please like and share our posts so that more people can hear the music!



No comments:

Post a Comment